Broaden Access and Accommodations Services outreach to varying departments with a component of inclusion training
Task Force Recommendation: Increase Awareness, Institutional Responses, and Office Capacity
Task Force Project: Broaden Access and Accommodations Services outreach to varying departments with a component of inclusion training
Champion: Tony Walesby
Implementation Team Actions:
Student Access and Accommodations Services (SAAS) and Office of Equal Opportunity and Access (OEOA) director met, April 2017
- SAAS director and OEOA director discussed all aspects of American with Disabilities Act compliance on campus with regards to programs, services, activities, facilities and information technology.
- Facilities management staff, May 2017
- Administrative Technologies staff, June 2017
- Met with WEB to discuss educational technology access.
- On-going assessment of ADA compliance across campus, including the inclusion of training and outreach; and
- Reviewing the option of forming ADA committee made up of faculty, staff, and students to provide input and guidance on accessibility issues.