Applying to Illinois State
The Arts Technology Program has partnered with Heartland Community College, Illinois Central College and Elgin Community College to allow transfer students a smooth transition into the Arts Technology major. View more about these agreements.
Applying to the Program
- Letter of application stating your interest and what track (Art, Music, or Theatre) you will emphasize.
- Writing sample: may be poems, short story, script, or an essay. If you wish, you may write on what you think the role of an arts technologist in the 21st century will be (this is only a suggestion for those who don't have writing samples at the ready).
- A resume and/or examples of work relevant to what you would be studying as an Arts Technology major. Please submit 3-5 pieces. Your letter of application should provide the context for presenting this work.
- Your name MUST appear on your portfolio. The portfolio will include some of the following, depending on your interest and experience:
- web site design
- musical composition
- musical performance
- theatre resume
- sketches of theatre design work
- digital audio
- samples painting
- multimedia work.
Students interested in the music concentration may also be asked to audition or interview to assess their readiness for courses in music theory.
If you are submitting your work in digital format (not required), please make it readable on both Mac and PC, and present it on a CD, or a DVD.
Deadlines and Review Dates
- Deadline for Fall submissions is February 1
- Deadline for Spring submissions is September 15
You are responsible for arranging for the return of your materials. Inquiries: (309) 438-3921 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine art core fundamentals and 6 to 9 hour completed in the chosen emphasis.
Portfolio Review and/or interview with department