Applying to Illinois State
Community College Students
We recommend transferring to the Athletic Training program after the first year of community college.
This allows community college students to complete the program in potentially nine semesters:
- Two semesters at community college
- Five semesters (minimum) of coursework
- One summer internship
Students transferring after two years of community college also need to complete five semesters of coursework and a summer internship.
Other Athletic Training Programs
Students transferring from an accredited Athletic Training program at another school should speak to their director and the Illinois State director about transferable courses. In most cases, students repeat required AT courses at Illinois State.
Completion of 25 semester hours or more.
- Introductory-level physics (PHY 105 or 108)
- Anatomy and Physiology (BSC 181 or KNR 181)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 105)
Summer/Fall admission only.