Business Administration (MBA): Corporate Program
An Illinois State University MBA can boost your career to the next level. If you are already on a career path, you can choose to do our CMBA program, which is designed for working professionals.
In the CMBA, each course is five weeks long. During those five weeks, you’ll meet in a classroom on the first, third, and fifth Saturdays. The rest of the course content is delivered online asynchronously so you have the flexibility to earn your degree while still meeting the demands of daily life.
You’ll go through this program in a cohort. This provides you an outstanding opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with other business professionals.
This program takes approximately 22 months to complete.
The CMBA student population includes working professionals from a wide variety of industries in Illinois. Ongoing contact with professionals from other fields not only strengthens your network, it also gives you a deeper understanding of what it takes to compete in an increasingly complex business environment.
Other MBA Options
Traditional Program: Earn an MBA as a full or part-time student with the freedom to choose your own electives.
Panama Program: We’ve partnered with Quality Leadership University to offer our MBA program to professionals working in Panama City, Panama.
Point of Pride
The College of Business is among the elite top 2 percent of business schools in the world to have both business and accounting accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
Discover what life as an Illinois State graduate student is like.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program is preferred.
Reference Contact Information
Submit the names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
Upload your current resume that describes your professional experience.
Submit an essay that includes the following information:
- Your professional goals and how the MBA degree will help you achieve them
- An explanation of what you gained professionally and/or personally from the experiences detailed in your resume (1 -2 paragraphs)
Submit your official GMAT scores. or a completed petition to waive the requirement
Indicate which MBA option interests you:
- Traditional MBA Program (regular full-time or part-time, on-campus program)
- Corporate MBA Program (non-traditional weekend program)
English Proficiency Scores (International Students Only)
The minimum score for the iBT TOEFL (or its equivalent) is 80 or above, though the program recommends a score of 90 or better. The IELTS will be considered in place of the TOEFL.
- Fall Term — August 31
Assistantships are not available for this program.
The Corporate MBA Program follows a fee structure of $625 per credit hour ($1875 per course). All students in the program will be charged the same amount for each course until the degree is completed.