Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Microeconomics (ECO 101)
- Financial Accounting (ACC 131)
- Finite Mathematics (MAT 120) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Data Communications (IT 276)
- Structured Problem Solving Using The Computer (IT 168 or IAI CS 911)
- Scripting Languages and Automation, or IT 178, Computer Application Programming (IT 170 or IAI CS 912)
- Hardware & Software Concepts (IT 254)
- Statistics (ECO 138, MQM 100, or PSY 138)
- Small Group Processes (COM 223)
- Elementary Discrete Mathematics (MAT 160)
Completing at least IT 168 before transferring is necessary to allow completion of the degree in just 4 semesters following completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree.