Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Economics—Micro and Macro (ECO 105)
- Financial Accounting (ACC 131)
- Finite Mathematics (MAT 120) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Data Communications (IT 276)
- Structured Problem Solving Using The Computer (IT 168 or IAI CS 911)
- Scripting Languages and Automation, or IT 178, Computer Application Programming (IT 170 or IAI CS 912)
Completing at least IT 168 before transferring is necessary to allow completion of the degree in just 4 semesters following completion of an A.A. or A.S. degree.