Reduce cultural taxation of underrepresented faculty/staff aiding in retention
Task Force Recommendation: Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff Across the Inclusion Spectrum
Task Force Project: Reduce cultural taxation of minority faculty/staff aiding in retention
- Validate/formalize mentoring in “service” (ASPT).
- Recognize mentoring through acknowledgement and compensation.
- Reduce taxation by training all faculty/staff (and support systems) about mentoring all students (look to Safe Zone model).
- Official recognition that all staff are here for students.
- “Mentor release time” (similar to Health; 90 minutes).
Champion: Janice Bonneville, Sam Catanzaro, Tony Walesby
Implementation Team Actions
Human Resources in the process of exploring mentor release time
Analyze each suggestion for possible models to adopt
- Contact with deans and department chairs to discuss possibilities