Educational Administration/Chief School Business Official Endorsement
The program is designed for Illinois educators interested in advance study and preparation in the organization and administration of the management of fiscal, physical, and human resources of a public school district in Illinois.
This certificate requires 36 credit hours for completion.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program or as a graduate student at-large must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program
- submit official GRE scores (target GRE scores are around the 50th percentile)
- have either a type 75 certificate or a master's degree in accounting or business
- submit an updated resume
- answer questions related to the goals of the program
- receive passing scores on the Illinois Basic Skills Test (for all applicants)
- provide appropriate evidence of the following depending on the program:
- Superintendent's Endorsement Program: a valid Type 75 certificate and two years of school leadership/administrative experience
- Chief School Business Official Endorsement Program: a valid Type 75 certificate for Ed. Admin graduates or a Master's in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration
- submit names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application
Admission Dates and Deadlines