Educational Admin/Superintendent Endorsement
The program is designed for Illinois educators interested in advanced study and preparation in the leadership, organization, and administration of public school districts in Illinois. Candidates should hold a master's degree, P-12 leadership experience, and a Type 75 certificate.
This certificate requires 36 credit hours for completion.
See more information on our graduation rates, cost of education, and the median loan debts of students who complete the program.
University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program or as a graduate student at-large must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- have a master's degree
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program
- submit official GRE scores (target GRE scores are around the 50th percentile)
- have Type 75 certificate and at least two years full-time leadership/administrative experience
- provide one official copy of your transcripts from all institutions that you have attended (other than ISU)
- submit an updated resume
- respond to questions related to the goals of the program
- upload the following materials within the online application. Appropriate evidence of the following depending on the program:
- passing scores on the Illinois Basic Skills Test (for all applicants)
- Superintendent's Endorsement Program: a valid Type 75 certificate and two years of school leadership/administrative experience
- Chief School Business Official Endorsement Program: a valid Type 75 certificate for Ed. Admin graduates or a Master's in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration
- two professional letters of reference from an administrator or supervisor who has knowledge of your professional work. The letters MUST address the following with examples or details:
- leadership experiences
- ability to make a difference in student academic performance
- ability to work with colleagues and staff as a team
- oral and written communication skills
- potential to become an educational leader who can motivate and support faculty to promote student learn for all students
- submit names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
Admission Dates and Deadlines