Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Students with fewer than 45 hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45-59 hours earned must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACC 131),
- Economics—Micro and Macro (ECO 101 and 102),
- Finite Math (MAT 120), Applied Calculus (MAT 121) or Calculus I (MAT 145).
Students with 60 or more hours earned must complete those courses listed above, choosing the Applied Calculus (MAT 121) or Calculus I (MAT 145) option, and complete the following additional courses with a grade of C or better:
- Managerial Accounting (ACC 132) and
- Statistical Reasoning (MQM 100).
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Introductory-level business course (BUS 100),
- Introductory-level English composition (ENG 101),
- Intermediate-level English composition (ENG 145), and
- Legal, Ethical and Social Environment of Business (FIL 185)
- Prove computer competency through completion of one of the following: ACC 167 and 168; IT 150; IAI BUS 902; or by passing competency exams of ACC 189.67 and 189.68
Students are encouraged to get an AA or AS if transferring from a 2-year school.
Students must earn a minimum B/C combination between ACC 131 and 132.