New students are required to submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee or documentation for an application fee waiver. Your application will not be processed until the application fee or fee waiver verification is received. This fee or waiver must be received by the supporting document deadline.
The fee will not be returned to applicants who are denied admission or applicants who fail to submit the necessary information for an admission decision.
Some applicants may qualify for a fee waiver:
- Veterans or active military service personnel
- Former Illinois State students returning to the same degree level
- Permanent employees and retirees of Illinois State University
The fee can be waived for students qualifying for economic hardship in one of two ways:
- Students may submit a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) showing their Expected Family Contribution is $1000 or less.
- High school counselors, community college advisors, or financial aid counselors may verify an economic hardship fee waiver using our fee waiver form. This form verifies economic hardship for:
- Incoming freshman students who qualify for the free or reduced-price lunch program
- Incoming transfer students who qualify for full federal aid with an estimated family contribution (EFC) of $1,000 or less
- Incoming transfer students enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRiO program such as Upward Bound)
These documents should be emailed from the high school counselor's, community college advisor's, or financial aid representative's professional email account to Admissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed to
Illinois State University
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 2200
Normal, IL 61790-2200
Due to the Declaration of Finances required, International applicants are not eligible for an application fee waiver.