Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Fundamental Concepts of Biology (BSC 101) or Biological Diversity (BSC 196) and Molecular & Cellular Basis of Life (BSC 197)
- Chemistry & Society (CHE 102), Fundaments of Chemistry with Lab (CHE 110/CHE 112), or General Chemistry I (CHE 140)
- Introductory Agricultural Economics (AGR 110)
- Introductory Horticulture (AGR 120)
- Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology (AGR 130)
- Principles of Agronomy (AGR 150), Soil Science (AGR 157)
- Introduction to Animal Science (AGR 170)
- Microcomputer Applications in Agriculture (AGR 205)