September 1 - September 14, February 1 - February 14, May 1 - May 31
To be considered for acceptance into any of the Teaching and Learning majors, you must meet the following requirements. These requirements do NOT guarantee acceptance into the major.
- Must have completed 12 hours of graded college-level coursework.
- Pass ENG 101 with C or better.
- Pass COM 110 with C or better.
- The number of students admitted varies based on space availability and the quality of the pool of applicants. The range should not be viewed as a minimum for acceptance into these programs. After acceptance into a program, a minimum 2.50 GPA must be maintained to complete these programs. The following represents the middle 50 percent GPA range of admitted students for the last three semesters:
- Early Childhood Education: 3.18–3.60
- Elementary Education: 3.20–3.61
- Middle Level Education: 2.90–3.62
- Bilingual Education: 2.88–3.0