Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Students with fewer than 45 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45 hours or more completed prior to transferring must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Calculus I (MAT 145),
- General Chemistry I (CHE 140), and
- General Chemistry II (CHE 141)
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Calculus II (MAT 146)
- Engineering Physics I (PHY 110)
- Engineering Physics II (PHY 111)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHE 230/231)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHE 232/233)
- Fundamentals of Psychology (PSY 110 or 111)
- Educational Psychology (PSY 215)
- Molecular & Cellular Basis of Life (BSC 197)
- Introduction to Environmental Systems (GEO 100)