Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Students with fewer than 45 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45 hours or more completed prior to transferring must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Calculus I (MAT 145),
- General Chemistry I (CHE 140), and
- General Chemistry II (CHE 141).
- Calculus II (MAT 146)
- Engineering Physics I (PHY 110)
- Engineering Physics II (PHY 111)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHE 230/231)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHE 232/233)