Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Students with fewer than 45 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45 hours or more completed prior to transferring must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Calculus I (MAT 145),
- General Chemistry I (CHE 140), and
- General Chemistry II (CHE 141).
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Calculus II (MAT 146)
- Engineering Physics I (PHY 110)
- Engineering Physics II (PHY 111)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHE 230/231)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHE 232/233)