Applying to Illinois State
Applying early is encouraged to receive a decision by the end of the year, and for best consideration for your academic program and for scholarships. You will select your audition time within the application for admission.
Applying to the Program
- Complete your application for admission, including selecting an audition date—we’ll email you with a confirmation for your audition.
- Refer to the suggested repertoire recommendations for each music studio to prepare for your audition. You may want to also contact the respective applied faculty member for further information about the audition.
- Visit your portal to upload:
- a letter of recommendation from a music professional
- a music resume
If you are currently enrolled in a 4-year NASM (National Association of Music Schools) accredited institution, you must provide a completed Transfer Acknowledgement Form. Send the completed form to:
Undergraduate Music Admissions
Campus Box 5660, Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-5660
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Music Theory I & II (MUS 101 & 102)
- Musicianship I & II (MUS 107 & 108)
Additional Information: Classical Audition required for admission. Please visit FineArts.IllinoisState.edu/Music for more information.