Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Statistics (MQM 100 or ECO 138)
- Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Calculus II (MAT 146)
- Biology (BSC 196 or BSC 197)
- Chemistry (CHE 140 or CHE 141)
- Structured Problem Solving Using The Computer (preferably in Java) (IAI CS 911) (IT 168)
- Introduction to Data Structures (preferably in Java) (IAI CS 912) (IT 179)
- Small Group Processes (COM 223)
- Technical & Professional Writing (ENG 249)
Without IT 168 in Java or both IT 168 and 179 (Introduction to Data Structures) in any language, it is impossible to complete the program in 4 semesters even with an associate's degree.