Applying to Illinois State
Applying to the Accelerated Program
High achieving students with a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher may apply to the accelerated sequence one year before completion of their undergraduate degree.
This sequence allows students to take up to 12 hours of approved graduate courses that will count for both the undergraduate and graduate program in Creative Technologies. Students can then apply to the Creative Technologies graduate program in the spring of their senior year.
Enrollment in the Accelerated Sequence does not guarantee final admission into the Creative Technologies graduate program.
For additional information on minimum requirements for admission and the application and selection process, contact the Creative Technologies program advisor.
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Visual Thinking: 2-D Fundamentals (ART 103)
- Visual Thinking: Drawing Functions (ART 104)
- Visual Thinking: 3-D Fundamentals (ART 109)
- Survey of Art I & II (ART 155 & 156)
- Music Theory I & I (MUS 101 & 102)
- Group Instruction in Basic Musicianship I & II (MUS 107 & 108)
- Oral Interpretation of Literature (THE 101)
- Fundamentals of Theater I (THE 103)
- Acting I (THE 110)
- Introduction to Costume (THE 130)
- Stagecraft (THE 160)
Portfolio Review and/or interview with department