Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Introduction to Criminal Justice Sciences (CJS 101)
- Fundamentals of Psychology (PSY 110) or Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOC 106)
- Contemporary Corrections (CJS 200)
- Crime & Behavior (CJS 201)
- Contemporary Policing in America (CJS 207)
- Criminal Law (CJS 208)