Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Fundaments of Chemistry with LAB (CHE 110/112) or General Chemistry I (CHE 140)
- Finite Mathematics (MAT 120), Precalculus (MAT 144), or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Introduction to the Agriculture Industry (AGR 109)
- Principles of Agronomy (AGR 150)
- Soil Science (AGR 157)
- Biological Diversity (BSC 196) or Molecular & Cellular Basis of Life (BSC 197)