Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Statistics (MQM 100 or ECO 138)
- Fundamentals of Information Assurance & Security (IT 250)
- Data Communications (IT 276)
- Economics-Micro and Macro (ECO 105)
- Finite Mathematics (MAT 120) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Structured Problem Solving Using the Computer (IT 168)
- Computer Application Programming (IT 178) or Introduction to Data Structures (IT 179)
Without IT 168 in Java or both IT 168 and either 178 or 179 in any language, it is difficult to complete the program in 4 semesters even with an associate's degree.