Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Concepts in Biology (BSC 101)
- Chemistry & Society (CHE 102) or Atoms to Galaxies (PHY 102)
- Natural Disasters (GEO 207) or Earth's Dynamic Weather (211)
- History of US to 1865 (HIS 135) or History of US Since 1865 (HIS 136)
- Microeconomics (ECO 101), Macroeconomics (ECO 102) or Principles of Economics (ECO 105)
- World Geography (GEO 135)
- Citizens & Governance (POL 101) or US Government (POL 106)
- Human Communication (CSD 115)
- Cross Cultural Teaching & Learning (TCH 110)
- Child Growth & Development (TCH 210)
- Exceptional Learner (SED 101)
- Family, Profession & Community Collaboration (SED 205)
- Any IAI math
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.