Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
- BSC 101 Concepts in Biology
- CHE 102 or PHY 102 Chemistry & Society or Atoms to Galaxies
- GEO 207 or 211 Natural Disasters or Weather
- HIS 135 or 136 History of US to 1865 or History of US Since 1865
- ECO 101 or 102 or 105 Microeconomics, Macroeconomics or Principles of Economics
- GEO 135 World Geography
- POL 101 or 106 Citizens & Governance or US Government
- CSD 115 Human Communication
- TCH 110 Cross Cultural Teaching & Learning
- TCH 210 Child Growth & Development
- SED 101 Exceptional Learner
- Any IAI math
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.