September 1 - September 14, February 1 - February 14, May 1 - May 31
To be considered for acceptance into any of the Curriculum and Instruction majors, you must meet the following requirements. These requirements do NOT guarantee acceptance into the major.
- Must have completed 12 hours of graded college-level coursework.
- Must have passed the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) by application deadline. Information about TAP is available in the Cecilia J. Lauby Teacher Education Center in DeGarmo 56 and Regional Education Offices throughout the state. Tutoring for the Test of Academic Proficiency is offered through the Julia N. Visor Academic Center.
- Pass ENG 101 with C or better.
- Pass COM 110 with C or better.
- The number of students admitted varies based on space availability and the quality of the pool of applicants. The range should not be viewed as a minimum for acceptance into these programs. After acceptance into a program, a minimum 2.50 GPA must be maintained to complete these programs. The following represents the middle 50 percent GPA range of admitted students for the last three semesters:
- Early Childhood Education: 3.18–3.60
- Elementary Education: 3.20–3.61
- Middle Level Education: 2.90–3.62
- Bilingual Education: 2.88–3.0