Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Human Geography (GEO 142)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 110 or 111)
- World Geography (GEO 135)
- Macro- and Micro- Economics (ECO 105)
- Educational Psychology (PSY 215)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOC 106)
- Western Civilization to 1500 (HIS 101) or Modern Western Civilization (HIS 102)
- History of the US to 1865 (HIS 135) or History of the US Since 1865 (HIS 136)
- Citizens & Government (POL 101) or US Government & Civic Practices (POL 106)
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.