Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Students with fewer than 60 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Completion of at least three of the following courses with at least 2.5 GPA in those courses: (for students with 60 or more earned credit hours)
- Western Civilization (HIS 101)
- Modern Western Civilization (HIS 102)
- History of the US to 1865 (HIS 135)
- History of the US since 1865 (HIS 136)
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- American history (HIS 135 and 136)
- Western civilization(HIS 101 and 102)