Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Fundaments of Chemistry with Lab (CHE 110/112) or General Chemistry I (CHE 140)
- Finite Mathematics (MAT 120)
- Introduction to the Agriculture Industry (AGR 109)
- Introductory Agricultural Economics (AGR 110)
- Introductory Horticulture (AGR 120)
- Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology (AGR 130)
- Soil Science (AGR 157)
- Financial Accounting (ACC 131)
- Economics—Micro & Macro (ECO 105)
- Legal, Ethical, & Social Environment of Business (FIL 185) and Principles of Agronomy (AGR 150)
- Biological Diversity (BSC 196) or Molecular & Cellular Basis of Life (BSC 197)