Applying to Illinois State
Applicants interested in pursuing the Nursing (BSN) Accelerated sequences should apply during their priority filing period of April 1-September 1. Applicants typically receive an admission decision mid-December. Applicants that submit after September 1 will be reviewed and accepted as space permits.
Required Courses for Admission
Grades of "C" or better for the following courses or their equivalents:
- Fundamentals of Chemistry (CHE 110/112 or 140)
- Statistics (ECO/GEO/POL/PSY 138, MQM 100 or MAT 150)
- Fundamentals of Psychology (PSY 110)
- Lifespan Development Psychology (PSY 213)
- Microbiology and Society (BSC 160)
- Human Physiology and Anatomy I (BSC 181 or KNR 181/183)
- Human Physiology and Anatomy II (BSC 182 or KNR 182/184)
- Nutrition in the Life Span (FCS 102)
- Medical Terminology (HSC 105)
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
Applicants must have earned a Bachelor's Degree in Art or Science from an accredited college or university prior to summer enrollment (but not at the time of application). Please visit Nursing.IllinoisState.edu for more information.