- AA or AS degree or a specified portion of the Illinois Transferable General Education Core Curriculum
- Must be graduate of a state-approved diploma school of nursing or an associate degree nursing program
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in the state of residence (at the time of admission, not at the time of application)
- Hold an unencumbered licensure in every state in which student is licensed
- Submit recommendation form from a current employer
- Submit a resume to include: education, certifications, professional/community memberships or committee involvement, mentoring/precepting, award, description of non-student based work experience, and scope of responsibility associated with employment positions.
- Submit 2-page maximum, double-spaced essay as follows: Describe your rationale for pursuing an advanced degree at this time and the circumstances that may affect an admission decision.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- General Psychology (PSY 110)
- Lifespan Development (PSY 213)
- Microbiology (BSC 160)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 181)
- Anatomy and Pyhsiology II (BSC 182)
- Nutrition (FCS 102)
Consider completing an approved Illinois State global studies prior to admission into Nursing. Although this course may be completed following admission, earlier completion will allow for a reduced workload upon acceptance.