Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Completion with grades of C or better in each of the following: (for students with 30 or more earned hours)
- Fundamentals of Psychology (PSY 110) or Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Finite Math (MAT 120), Applied Calculus (MAT 121), Pre-Calculus (MAT 144) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- One transferable laboratory science course
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Lifespan Development (PSY 213)
- Social Psychology (PSY 223)
- Psychology of Personality (PSY 233)
- A foreign language equivalent to Illinois State’s 112 level or higher
- Philosophy (PHI 101), The Ideal of Democracy (PHI 104), or Language, Logic, and Mathematics (PHI 112)
- Two laboratory sciences
- Strongly encouraged (for students with less than 30 hours earned): a mathematics courses approved for the psychology major— Finite Math (MAT 120), Applied Calculus (MAT 121), Precalculus (MAT 144) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
Students with 75 earned hours or more are admitted on a limited, case-by-case basis.