Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Completion of at least three of the following courses with at least 3.0 GPA in those courses: (for students with 60 or more earned credit hours)
- Western Civilization (HIS 101)
- Modern Western Civilization (HIS 102)
- History of the US to 1865 (HIS 135)
- History of the US since 1865 (HIS 136)
- American Government and Politics (POL 105)
- World or Human Geography (GEO 135 or 140)
- Economics (ECO 105)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.