Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
It takes five semesters at Illinois State University to complete this degree. Students should transfer after three semesters at the community college.
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Introductory Special Education or The Exceptional Learner (SED 101)
- Child Growth and Development (TCH 210)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 110 or 111)
- Math for Elementary Teachers I
- Any IAI Math (Math for Elementary Teachers II (MAT 152) preferred)