Admitted Returning Students

Congratulations and welcome back to Illinois State University! Follow these steps to make a smooth transition back to campus.

Meet With Your Advisor

Once your readmission has been approved, you will need to meet with your academic advisor. You are encouraged to contact your advisor as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.

If you have earned fewer than 24 semester hours, are an undeclared student, or are considered to be “unclassified” (non-degree-seeking), you must meet with an advisor in the University College Academic Advisement Center. If you have a declared major, contact your major department/school for advisement.

Academic Advisement Center 

Find Department/School Advisor

Register for Classes

As a former Illinois State student, the class registration process may have changed since your last enrollment. You can access course registration through

Learn More About Registration

Apply for Financial Aid

Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or FAFSA renewal form for financial aid consideration at Illinois State. In addition, you should contact the Financial Aid Office for more information about how and when to apply for financial aid. Remember to list Illinois State (school code 001692) as a recipient of the data on your FAFSA.

If you have attended other college(s) or university(s) since last enrolling at Illinois State, you will need to submit a financial aid transcript from that school.

Submit FAFSA

Secure Your Housing

Illinois State requires students to live in University housing their first two years out of high school. Submit your Housing contract as soon as possible to have the best availability of residence hall options.

Submit Housing Contract

For other students, the Off-Campus Housing Database allows you to search for vacant listings managed by private landlords and management companies, as well as roommates.

Off-Campus Housing Contract

Parking and Public Transportation

Select Your Meal Plan

All students living in the university residence halls are required to purchase a Campus Dining meal plan each semester. For students living off-campus, a limited number of meal plans are available for purchase.

Meal Plan Options

Get Your Redbird ID Card

Redbird Card Office