Returning Student Admission Requirements

If you have not attended Illinois State for one or more semesters (excluding summer session), you must apply for readmission.

There is no application fee for former Illinois State students applying for the same level of degree.

If you left Illinois State in good academic standing:

Apply for readmission

  • Send official transcripts from any other college or university you attended since leaving Illinois State.
  • Choose your major. You may qualify to return to your previous major, if there is space available. If you wish to change your major, your GPA before leaving Illinois State must meet requirements for that program. Some majors also require certain course prerequisites.

A minimum of 2.0 GPA is required for all college coursework completed since leaving Illinois State.

Find out the prerequisites and GPA guidelines for your major

If you left Illinois State on probation or were dismissed:

  • You may be considered for reinstatement or for the New Start readmission program. Supplemental information may be requested to determine eligibility.
  • If you were dismissed for disciplinary reasons, contact Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution for disciplinary clearance.