Illinois State’s new engineering college with a 21st century vision. Founded on the commitment to diversifying future generations of engineers.
Coming in 2025.
Our Official Start
Illinois State University Board of Trustees officially approved the College of Engineering on Friday, May 6, 2022.
- Early discussions about Engineering at Illinois State
- Taskforce established exploring the feasibility of Engineering programs at Illinois State
- Consulting firm works with faculty and staff on plans for facilities development and curricular framework for programs in Electrical, Mechanical, and General Engineering
- Plans presented to Illinois State’s Academic Senate
- Board of Trustees approves seeking establishment of a new College of Engineering with associated Departments of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from the Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois State Board of Higher Education approves establishment of a new College of Engineering and Departments of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Illinois State University Board of Trustees approves plans for implementation of the new college
- Conduct national search for founding dean of the College
- Conduct national search for department chairs, associate dean, and diversity officer
- Begin design and renovation of new college facilities
- Design an innovative, experiential, industry-informed curricula for the three Engineering majors
- Allocate $500,000 in student scholarships
- Launch a national and international recruitment campaign targeting high-achieving students
- Develop strategies to recruit underserved and underrepresented populations
Our goal is to produce engineers who will be workforce ready. They will be able to walk out of their degree program and walk onto a job and perform competently because that is the way we have prepared them.