Career Industry Liaison
223 Bone Student Center
- Teaching: teaching assistant, alternative education instruction, international teaching, Montessori instruction
- Higher education
- Coaching, camp director
- Head start programs, before/after school mentoring programs, child development centers, daycare centers
- Child welfare/case management
- Public and private elementary and secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- Parks and recreation
- Private learning centers/tutoring services/test preparation organizations
- Language institutes, local and abroad
- Nonprofit organizations focused on child development and child welfare
- Obtain appropriate state certification for public school teaching.
- Earn certification to teach multiple subjects or age groups for increased job opportunities.
- Earn a master's or doctorate degree for post-secondary teaching.
- Plan to attend graduate school in college student personnel or information science if those are areas of interest.
- Gain volunteer experience working with children through Big Brother/Sister programs, tutoring, summer camps, YMCAs, etc.
- Participate in school activities such as debate or literary clubs, campus publications, or student government.
- Get involved in roles of leadership such as resident advisor, peer mentor, student advisor, etc.
- Maintain a high grade point average and secure strong faculty recommendations for graduate school applications.
Not what you're looking for?
Keyboard users, when results are available, use the up and down arrow keys to navigate and enter to select.