Notice: Array to string conversion in /mnt/ilstu-webstore/sites/illinoisstate.edu/write/cache/54/54384524152abc91b42891e541618533002d5c2aff6a302a53bdf2f3402808eb.php on line 63
- Teaching: teaching assistant, alternative education instruction, international teaching, Montessori instruction
- Higher education
- Coaching, camp director
- Head start programs, before/after school mentoring programs, child development centers, daycare centers
- Child welfare/case management
- Public and private elementary and secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- Parks and recreation
- Private learning centers/tutoring services/test preparation organizations
- Language institutes, local and abroad
- Nonprofit organizations focused on child development and child welfare
- Obtain appropriate state certification for public school teaching.
- Earn certification to teach multiple subjects or age groups for increased job opportunities.
- Earn a master's or doctorate degree for post-secondary teaching.
- Plan to attend graduate school in college student personnel or information science if those are areas of interest.
- Gain volunteer experience working with children through Big Brother/Sister programs, tutoring, summer camps, YMCAs, etc.
- Participate in school activities such as debate or literary clubs, campus publications, or student government.
- Get involved in roles of leadership such as resident advisor, peer mentor, student advisor, etc.
- Maintain a high grade point average and secure strong faculty recommendations for graduate school applications.