Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
Students with a GPA between 2.5-3.29 are required to complete the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- Introductory-level Composition (ENG 101) or Introductory-level Speech (COM 110) and at least one of the following:
- English Literature (110)
- American Literature (ENG 130)
- Children's Literature (ENG 170)
- Introduction to Creative Writing (ENG 227)
- Major elective
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Foreign language equivalent to Illinois State’s 115 level
- American, British, and Non-Western literature courses
- Fundamentals of Psychology (PSY 110)
- Educational Psychology (PSY 215)