Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Students with a GPA between 2.5-3.29 are required to complete the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- Introductory-level composition (ENG 101) or Introductory-level speech (COM 110) and
- At least one of the following:
- English literature (110)
- American literature (ENG 130)
- Children's literature (ENG 170)
- Introduction to creative writing (ENG 227)
- Major elective
- Foreign language equivalent to Illinois State’s 115 level
- American, British, and non-western literature courses
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.