Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Financial Accounting (ACC 131)
- Managerial Accounting (ACC 132)
- Economics—Micro & Macro (ECO 101 & 102)
- Statistics (MQM 100 or ECO, GEO, POL, or PSY 138)
- Applied Calculus (MAT 121) or Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Introductory-level business course (BUS 100),
- Introductory-level English composition (ENG 101),
- Intermediate-level English composition (ENG 145),
- Legal, Ethical and Social Environment of Business (FIL 185), and
- Prove computer competency through completion of one of the following: ACC 167 and 168; IT 150; IAI BUS 902; or by passing competency exams of ACC 189.67 and 189.68
Students are encouraged to get an AA or AS if transferring from a 2-year school.