Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Required Courses for Admission
2.8 GPA in math courses; Require grades of "C" or better in Calculus I and II (MAT 145 and 146)
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 110 or 111)
- Educational Psychology (PSY 215)
- Calculus III (MAT 147)
- Elementary Linear Algebra (MAT 175)
- Structure Problem-Solving Using the Computer (IT 168)
- The Exceptional Learner (SED 101)