Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
Students with fewer than 45 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45 hours or more completed prior to transferring must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Fundamentals of Chemistry with Lab (CHE 110/112) or General Chemistry I (CHE 140),
- Finite Math or Calculus (MAT 120 or 145), and
- 4 hour course in Biological Sciences with lab.
Special note to students applying with over 75 earned hours: The School of Biological Sciences normally considers students with over 75 hours only if they have appropriate prerequisites completed.
- Biological diversity (BSC 196)
- Molecular and cellular basis of life (BSC 197)
- 2-4 semesters of chemistry
- Pre-med students should be working or volunteering in a medical facility