Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Students with fewer than 45 earned hours are evaluated on collegiate coursework and grade point average.
Students with 45 hours or more completed prior to transferring must complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- Fundamentals of Chemistry with Lab (CHE 110/112) or General Chemistry I (CHE 140),
- Finite Math or Calculus (MAT 120 or 145), and
- 4 hour course in Biological Sciences with lab.
Special note to students applying with over 75 earned hours: The School of Biological Sciences normally considers students with over 75 hours only if they have appropriate prerequisites completed.
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Biological diversity (BSC 196)
- Molecular and cellular basis of life (BSC 197)
- 2-4 semesters of chemistry
- Organic Chemistry with Lab (CHE 230/231)
- Physics for Science & Engineering (PHY 108 or 110)