Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for fall transfer students is September 1-January 15. For the spring semester, the preferred filing period is from April 1-August 1. You are encouraged to apply early in the preferred filing period for best consideration for admission into competitive majors. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!
- Introductory special education or The Exceptional Learner (SED 101)
- Child growth and development (TCH 210)
- Introduction to psychology (PSY 110)
- Math for Elementary Teachers I or Dimensions of Numerical Reasoning (MAT 130) equivalent
- Any IAI Math (Math for Elementary Teachers II preferred)
It is strongly recommended that students meet the Basic Skills Requirement prior to enrollment. Visit the College of Education's website for details on the Test of Academic Proficiency or acceptable ACT or SAT scores which can be used to meet this requirement.