Computer Science - Web Computing
Web Computing is a sequence in the Computer Science major.
Computer scientists use computers to solve problems no one has successfully solved before. Programming is at the heart of what they do, writing and designing sophisticated code. Having a strong skill set in theory, math, logic, and science are also essential to their success.
The Computer Science program at Illinois State is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
In Web Computing at Illinois State, you'll study web and mobile application development. The sequence focuses on sophisticated software development. It also covers other standard computer science topics such as theory, design, hardware, and operating systems.
Point of Pride
The School of Information Technology’s mentoring program pairs students with alumni working out in the field. Nearly 80 students participate in the program.
Why studyComputer Science - Web Computing?
You’ll learn state-of-the-art web development design principles, methods, and technologies. We also take on real-world projects that address topics such as:
- Client and server-side scripting – write instructions for either a web browser or server to perform
- Web interface design – make sure websites are easy to use
- Web frameworks – create templates that make the development process faster
- Mobile application development – design software for smartphones and tablets
- Web database processing – learn how information is stored and retrieved on the internet
- Web application testing and evaluation – identify weaknesses in software and come up with solutions
Come see campus and meet with campus representatives either in person or virtually. Optional chances to meet with academic department, honors, and financial aid.
Applying to Illinois State
Illinois State's preferred filing period for freshman students for the fall semester is September 1-November 15. Applying early is encouraged, as the University must limit enrollment due to space at the University and in specific majors/programs. Visit the Office of Admissions to apply today!