Applying to Illinois State
Required Courses for Admission
Recommended Courses for Admission
To find the course equivalencies at an Illinois community college, please review our Course Articulation Guides.
- Statistics (MQM 100 or ECO 138)
- Calculus I (MAT 145)
- Calculus II (MAT 146)
- Biology (BSC 196 or BSC 197)
- Chemistry (CHE 140 or CHE 141) or Physics (PHY 110 or 111)
- Structured Problem Solving Using The Computer (preferably in Java) (IAI CS 911) (IT 168)
- Introduction to Data Structures (preferably in Java) (IAI CS 912) (IT 179)
- Small Group Processes (COM 223)
- Technical & Professional Writing (ENG 249)
Without IT 168 in Java or both IT 168 and 179 (Introduction to Data Structures) in any language, it is impossible to complete the program in 4 semesters even with an associate's degree.