Winter 2023 Commencement Ceremonies
Saturday, December 16, 2023 at CEFCU Arena
- 9 a.m.: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, Mennonite College of Nursing, Interdisciplinary Studies, and University Studies
- 1 p.m.: College of Applied Science and Technology, College of Business, and Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts
Spring 2024 Commencement Ceremonies
Friday, May 10, 2024 at CEFCU Arena
- 4 p.m.: Mennonite College of Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences Social Sciences including students in the majors of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Economics, Politics and Government, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology and Anthropology
- 8 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences Natural Sciences/Mathematics and Humanities including students in the majors of Biological Sciences; Communication; Chemistry; English; Geography, Geology, and the Environment; History; Languages, Literatures, and Cultures; Mathematics; Philosophy; Physics; Interdisciplinary Studies; and University Studies
Saturday, May 11, 2024 at CEFCU Arena
- 9 a.m.: College of Education, Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts
- 1:30 p.m.: College of Applied Science and Technology
- 6 p.m.: College of Business
Each commencement ceremony will last approximately 2 1/2 hours (spring) or 2 hours (winter). The ceremony includes the graduate processional, speeches from University officials, and graduates receiving their diploma cover as they cross the commencement stage when their name is read. Graduates should wear regalia (cap and gown).
Graduates, go to Horton Field House with your cap and gown one hour prior to the start of your ceremony for check-in and line-up. Additional participation information will be sent to your Illinois State email in late November.
Guest seating is first-come, first served, and doors will open one hour prior to the start of the ceremony. There are no tickets and no limit to the number of guests that may attend.
Registration for the commencement ceremonies begins in late February (spring) or mid-October (winter). All students who have applied for graduation by the published deadline will receive an email from the Commencement office about ceremony registration. Students graduating in spring or summer participate in a May commencement ceremony.
No bags, backpacks, or boxes, except for small purses, camera bags, diaper bags, and medical equipment, will be permitted in the Arena. Items that create a visual obstruction for other guests (balloons, balloon bouquets, signs, banners, etc.) are discouraged.