Brand “what it means to be a Redbird” for inclusivity
Task Force Recommendation: Create and invest in affirming spaces for diverse students
Task Force Project: Brand “what it means to be a Redbird” to students during Preview and Welcome Week to be inclusive:
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across campus to ensure that the message is reinforced in first-year general education courses, alumni mentorship, and university programs.
- Consider the expansion of programs, like Walk of Champions and Welcome Week convocation, to include messages and populations that address diverse students in our Redbird family.
- ISU Police Department issuing "positive citations" for students seen doing good works. Each one will have "What it Means to be a Redbird" on them.
Champion: Katy Killian, Amelia Elkins
Implementation Team Actions
Review underway in University Marketing on publications for Illinois State
- Presentations developed by Student Affairs being incorporated as part of revamping of Welcome Week and Preview
Continue review of publications and suggestions
- Expand presentations into transfer days.