Declare the University a safe and open space for learning and protect student information
Task Force Recommendation: Create and Invest in Affirming Spaces for Students of Color
Task Force Project: Declare the University a safe and open space for learning and protect student information
Champion: Tony Walesby
Implementation Team Actions
- Continue to look for ways to assist those who feel they are experiencing discrimination and/or harassment, and strongly encouraging them to contact the University's Office of Equal Opportunity and Access.
- On-going training provided to students regarding civil rights and ISU policies and procedures. In addition, make students aware of all ISU support services to ensure a safe and open space for learning.
- ISU continues to protect student information and complies with all federal and state regulations that govern such information.
- OEOA continues to update and make its training more interactive and engaging. Moving forward, ISU's annual Mandatory Reporting Training (formerly Crime Reporting Training) is provided via a new platform, which provides for more interaction.
- OEOA is working to overhaul its Title IX website, and the OEOA homepage to make them more usable, including the use of informational videos outlining OEOA services and investigative process.
- OEOA is working closely with campus partners to create and deliver educational programming regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- OEOA is working with campus partners to evaluate and assess requests for student information to ensure the appropriateness of using such data.