Diverse speakers, activities, and writers that is accessible to the student body
Task Force Recommendation: Create an Inclusive Classroom
Task Force Project: Diversify the classroom experience by bringing in diverse speakers, activities, and books/writers while ensuring that material is accessible to the student body at large.
Champion: Yojanna Cuenca-Carlino, Angell Howard
Implementation Team Actions
- Speakers on campus during 2019:
- Transgender advocate Schuyler Bailar
- Emmy-winning journalist, activist Soledad O’Brien
- Athlete and Olympic medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad
- International environmental activist, food sovereignty advocate, and feminist Vandana Shiva
- Holocaust survivor Vladimir Rott
- Columnist Briahna Joy Gray
- Scholar, author, and award-winner Michael Eric Dyson
- Office of the Provost developing plans for training on incorporating inclusivity into the classroom
- The Speaker Series at Illinois State University will continue to highlight diverse speakers coming to campus.