Diversify the Curriculum
Task Force Recommendation: Create an Inclusive Classroom
Task Force Project: Diversify the classroom and curriculum with diversity of speakers, books, and activities that are available to student body at large. Create a diversity requirement for graduation.
Champion: Jonathan Rosenthal, Claire Lamonica
Implementation Team Actions
- The ad hoc committee charged by the provost to investigate a U.S. Diversity Requirement for all undergraduates met regularly throughout the fall semester, benchmarked practices on other campuses, drafted learning outcomes and assessment strategies, and gathered data on courses currently offered that would likely meet the requirement.
- A recommendation to create the requirement was forwarded to the provost. The provost approved the recommendation and sent it, per the Senate approved process, to the University Curriculum Committee for vetting.
- Diversity TLC
- Global TLC
- Minorities in the Academic Workplace TLC
- Working with International Students workshop
- Going Global Course Design workshop
- Reinvent Your Course for Diversity workshop
- Respond to Challenging Moments workshops
- Workshops by Request on Diversity, Inclusion, Difficult Conversations, etc.
- Foundations of Diversity workshop series