Maintain active recruitment of diverse students, staff, and faculty in elected leadership roles
Task Force Recommendation: Create and invest in affirming spaces for diverse students
Task Force Project: Maintain active recruitment of diverse students, staff, and faculty in elected leadership roles on campus such as Student Government, Academic Senate, and Association of Residence Halls.
Champion: John Davenport
Implementation Team Actions
- In 2018, the Student Government Association (SGA):
- Saw the greatest influx of diverse students elected, creating the most diverse student government in SGA history.
- With the aim of lending a greater voice to campus, many ex-officio members were inspired to run as senators. The Emerging Leader Program helped develop student interest.
- Amended bylaws so Dean of Students ex-officio Student Government Association groups were granted the right to vote.
- Student Government Association will continue to recruit new leaders through the Emerging Leaders Program