Develop a 12-month equity-training plan
Task Force Recommendation: Recruit and Retain Diverse Faculty and Staff Across the Inclusion Spectrum
Task Force Project: Develop a 12-month equity-training plan for administrators, faculty, staff, and search committees on best practices in minority recruitment and retention that moves beyond current programs and would have a more focused curriculum.
Champion: Yojanna Cuenca-Carlino, Janice Bonneville, Jeff Lange, Lisa Mason, Ani Yazedjian
Implementation Team Actions
- Human Resources developing expertise in and exploring best practices for incorporating diversity advocates into search committees.
- Human Resources, Office of the Provost, and Office of the President partnered to purchase webinar series, "Recruiting Diverse Faculty" from USC Race and Equity Center. Webinars are available to all ISU faculty and staff.
- Office of the Provost will provide workshops for ASPT committee members on recognition and reward of diversity, equity, and inclusion contributions to teaching, research, and service.
- Office of the Provost is sponsoring a two-part workshop for deans, chairs/directors, and other Academic Affairs administrators on "Borderlands" training on systemic racism provided by Crossroads Antiracism Organizing and Training.
- Office of the Provost will offer a workshop for deans, chairs/directors, and other Academic Affairs administrators on educators' perspectives regarding equity in higher education.
- Office of the Provost will sponsor workshop for departments/schools and colleges on recognizing and responding to microaggressions in academic settings.
Human Resources and Office of the Provost members will continue to meet to evaluate progress and identify opportunities to enhance training.