Expand programming, funding, administrative and clerical resources for programs.
Task Force Recommendation: Elevating and Protecting the Status of Women (Also, Intentionally Recruiting, Selecting, and Retaining Diverse Talent.)
Task Force Project: Expand programming, funding, administrative and clerical resources for programs.
Champion: Jonathan Rosenthal
Implementation Team Actions
- Dean Simpson and Assoc. Provost Rosenthal met with leadership and faculty of programs that included Women’s and Gender Studies, Latin American and Latino/a Studies, and African American Studies.
- Encouraged program leaders to develop long-range plans and work with other units to request joint appointments for tenure-track faculty that would expand capacity in the programs.
- Encouraging development of new courses to be funded through recurring temporary funds.
- Create and schedule additional courses that would serve expanded programming in these programs. Particular interest in General Education courses that could be used to increase awareness of and interest in program.
- Support joint appointment requests for tenure-track faculty through the Academic Impact Fund for next academic year
- Continue to meet with program leaders.
- Continue to encourage creation of appropriate new courses.
- Fund courses that support the programs.