Expand services provided by Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality to better fit the students’ cultural, religious, or medical dietary needs.
Task Force Recommendation: Create and Invest in Affirming Spaces for Students of Color
Task Force Project: Expand services provided by Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality to better fit the students’ cultural, religious, or medical dietary needs.
Champion: Danielle Miller-Schuster
Implementation Team Actions:
- Dining options are available currently for students during Passover, Ramadan, and Lent.
- Medical needs are by registered dieticians working with students who have allergies or celiac disease.
- Event Planning works closely with dietary and cultural needs of clients.
- Spoke with Vegetarian Advisory Board to expand selections that will encompass religious needs (ex. including Seventh Day Adventist, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism)
- Continue to provide inclusion-related topics for staff and student workers.
- Explore training for needs of students on Halal diets.
- Look to improve communication with international students to evaluate how well dietary needs are being met.
- Continue to offer professional development opportunities to better educate our staff about the importance of providing spaces that are inclusive for all students, faculty/staff and guests to Illinois State University
- Consider new spaces for the Bone Student Center