Expand services provided by Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality to better fit the students’ cultural, religious, or medical dietary needs.
Task Force Recommendation: Create and Invest in Affirming Spaces for Students of Color
Task Force Project: Expand services provided by Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality to better fit the students’ cultural, religious, or medical dietary needs.
Champion: Danielle Miller-Schuster
Implementation Team Actions
- Met with members of Muslim Student Association to determine steps needed to accommodate a Halal diet.
- Dining options are available currently for students during Passover, Ramadan, and Lent.
- Medical needs are by registered dieticans working with students who have allergies or celiac disease.
- Event Planning works closely with dietary and cultural needs of clients.
- Spoke with Vegetarian Advisory Board to expand selections that will encompass religious needs (ex. including Seventh Day Adventist, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism)
- Exploring additional dining for Bone Student Center to include more diverse options.
- Create an opportunity for dialogue with international students to evaluate how well their dietary needs are being met.